Federal and state laws and regulations require the Firm to disclose how it collects, shares, and protects any personal information obtained during the course of normal business operations. This Policy and Notice is distributed pursuant to Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). Any information collected will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information collected may include, but is not limited to:
- Driver’s License Images and Numbers;
- Social Security Numbers;
- Phone Numbers;
- Property and Mailing Addresses;
- Account Numbers, including Bank Accounts and Mortgage Accounts; and
- Credit Card Numbers.
- This non-public, personal information may be collected from a variety of sources including, but not limited to:
- Information on Loan Applications;
- Information from our Files, or other Files regarding Business Transactions;
- Information from Consumer Reporting Agencies;
- Information from Real Estate Agents; and
- Information from Lenders.
The Firm may need to share personal information in the process of handling and completing a transaction and maintaining customer accounts. This information may be disclosed to both affiliated and non-affiliated companies that perform services on behalf of the Firm, as permitted by law. These companies include, but are not limited to:
- Title searchers/Abstractors;
- Legal Counsel;
- Contract Closers or Attorneys;
- Survey Companies;
- Real Estate Lien Holders;
- Real Estate Agents;
- Homeowners Associations;
- Home Warranty Companies;
- Various Closing Service Providers; and
- Government agencies.
The Firm may also disclose personal information when necessary to comply with the law; protect the safety of consumers, employees, or property; and/or to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders, or the legal process.
The Firm restricts the sharing of personal information to staff that need the information to provide services required to process a transaction. Physical, electronic, and process safeguards are in place to protect personal information and to comply with regulations and industry standards.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to:
Crowfoot Law Firm, LLC
P.O. Box 98338
Atlanta, GA 30359
The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to the Firm at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this communication is general and that your own situation may vary.